“Playing PUBG for 5 straight hours and looking for that dude hiding in a bush at 200 meters leaves your eyes exposed to Blue light.”
We are bombarded with questions why gamers wear glasses, what gaming glasses do and so many others. Different gamers wear gaming glasses for different reasons. There are many problems related to gaming and streaming for a long period of time.
In a single day we use so many devices, access so many websites for different needs and wants. The boom of the internet has changed our lives to a great extent and society has taken a drastic turn. Combine all that we just discussed, we have to see many screens in a single day which leads to critical eye issues like Computer Vision Syndrome. For work, pleasure or simply contacts, computers have become part of our lives.
According to recent research 70% of Americans experience some or the other form of eye strain and thanks to these digital screens around us.
It does not matter if we stream for hours or not, we cannot avoid work and communication with our contacts. So a pair of glasses is primary to all our needs.
Glasses, Games and Gadgets Galore
For gaming we don’t like small screens. Even though we start playing on our phones and tablets. We all love playing games on gaming monitors for good. They are fast, graphically powered and advanced in many ways and solely ideal for gaming and streaming.
Technically, using a monitor is not good for our eyes. They emit a very harsh blue light which makes it hard for humans to concentrate on things and our eyes start hurting while concentrating on small things. The real world has sharp contrast between the objects that gaming monitors lack.
So it becomes very difficult for our eyes to find objects and constantly looking for them makes it hard for eyes to do that without much strain. As a result, we experience headaches and several eye-problems including eye-sight. Clinically, exposure to blue light that screens produce, affects our melatonin production. There are some grave eye-related diseases which the blue light can also cause including cataracts, retina dysfunction and loss of vision. If we avoid blue light that our monitors produce we might as well get rid of many problems.
There are some more real damages that we experience due to compulsive gaming concentration. The Blue light induces photochemical damage which causes oxidative eye-stress. While that same blue light overexposure also disturbs sleeping patterns. As a result we face depression, insomnia, chemical buildup and bodily weakness. To enjoy the gaming for hours, many eyewear manufacturers present us with gaming glasses.
Special Gaming Glasses – Do They Really Work?
There are different types of gaming glasses available which are designed by the top companies to bar blue light entering your eyes and harming them. It also hampers your gaming performance which you can improve by the use of glasses. These glasses are not only for saving your eyes but for pro gamers they are also style statements. They make you look really adorable on camera.
The gaming lens technology is used in those blue light blocking glasses and with a little magnification everything looks just 10 times better. Since the Blue light gets blocked and the size of everything increases, you would not strain your eyes to look for everything. No matter whether you are playing WoW, PUBG or Fortnite; everything looks easy to find.
Which Gaming Glasses Are The Best For Streaming?
The lenses used in these glasses are engineered to protect your eyes from damages and keep your eyes healthy for the entire life.
You can also use lenses for glasses which look way more stylish than you think. It does not matter if you are a gamers, streamer or a visual artist, there’s always a lens specially designed to use while performing a specific job.
- Amber – This lens is so good for gamers that it can repel more than 60% Blue light.
- Liquet – This lens is manufactured for not only blocking 35% of Blue light but also gives a balanced spectrum for protection.
- Crystalline – This beautiful crystalline lens is best fit for streamers, gamers and many more screen addicts and can easily block 10% of Blue light. But the fact is this one is manufactured solely for graphic designers, video editors and visual artists who do a lot of creative work and require a balanced color spectrum.
Gunnar Optiks Rzr-03001 RPG by Razer Onyx
- It comes with protective patented lens
- The technology used in Gunnar Optiks Rzr is highly recommended by the doctors for gamers and streamers who remain active for many hours every day.
- It improves vision and make it easy to identify objects
- Ideal for tablets, monitors, laptops, TVs and smartphones
- It reduces eye strain more than any other gaming eyewear and you would not feel headache or fatigue
- This is the only pair of glasses which comes Blue Light Protection Factor and you’d know how much spectrum of harmful Blue Light is getting blocked
- Ideal for men, women and children
- Accessories it comes with in the package- microfiber pouch, microfiber cleaning cloth, 30-day return policy & one-year warranty.
Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- This pair of gaming glasses is anti blue light and helps to reduce glare, offer UV400 protection and makes time on screens enjoyable
- It’s extremely lightweight as it comes with TR90 frame
- It reduces dry eyes, fatigue, headaches, and strain to a great extent
- Beside a highly recommended pair of gaming glasses it is also very stylish
- It ensures clear eye vision and removes blurriness even if you are not gaming just roaming around
- It ensures eye protection by combating the causes of eye issues
ANRRI Blue Light Blocking Glasses
This pair of glasses is solely made for blocking Blue Light, comes with a filter and light frame. You can enjoy screen time at work or while leisuring for many hours without putting stress on your mind or strain on your eyes. Some of its features are mentioned below:
- This brand is recommended by many reviewers for its Blue Light blocking capability
- It reduces eye fatigue, blurriness and headaches
- You don’t need to strain your eyes to find things in on your computer
- It actually blocks 90% of blue light produced by your devices
- Improves and enhances vision
- Polycarbonate non-magnification lens is used
- It also comes with a lifetime warranty
GAMEKING Ultra Blue Light Blocking Clip-on Glasses
Gameking Computer glasses are very popular and easy to wear as they are clip-ons, rimless, easy to fit and stylish. They really make your gaming and streaming time a real fun ride. Some of its features are mentioned below:
- They are easy to fit Rx framed
- Reduces digital eye strain
- The users with troubled sleeping after hours of screen time love this one. As they could sleep well
- Anti-reflective AR coating is used to improve color contrast and also improve perception
- Optimizes clarity and acuity
- Good for people who spend many hours on computers, working, gaming, browsing or watching videos.
- It blocks 85% of blue light with a wavelength of 400~440nm
- It’s very lightweight and weighs just 8g
- FDA approved
- Lifetime warranty
FIPPONI (New!) Two-in-One Glasses
Fipponi’s new Blue light blocking computer glasses are lightweight, very comfy and stylish. These gaming glasses are the latest of all on our list. You should absolutely expect the thrill and fashion because they’d deliver that. Some of its features include:
- They are very lightweight
- Very comfortable
- Fit-over and you need prescription for these
- Rx frames
- They have smooth feel, opaque and very stylish
- A special 2-in-1 blue light blocking lens is used
- Ideal to wear while using any type of device
- The lens has a light-yellow color which feels pleasing while gaming
- The AR coating also blocks harmful Blue Light not just the lens
- Suitable for prescription and non-prescription gamers
Do Video Games Harm Eyes?
When we game these days, we do not realize the amount of time we spend–especially when we earn from streaming. Many streamers have to stream every single day for financial support. Generally video games harm eyes badly. The Blue Light is the main cause as well as the strain on eyes. Few years into it and you’d start complaining about different eye-related issues.
Do all gamers and streamers need prescription glasses?
Seeing our screen time and increased daily usage of different device screens, it’s necessary to go for a checkup. However, all gamers do not need to have a prescription but having one is better. At least you would know what you need.
There are many gaming glasses which you can order with prescription and they provide care, cure and fashion at the same time.
What to check while ordering gaming glasses online?
You should do a little research of yours while ordering gaming glasses online. If you don’t need a specific prescription one, you should read their features and reviews. Even if the seller claims much, the reviews by actual customers would reveal its shortcomings.
Is there any way to get rid of computer vision syndrome?
One of the key role players against CVS is ergonomics. If you game or stream regularly, it’s highly recommended to use proper lighting, position devices and use anti-glare screens for protection. You must take breaks and blink while gaming as well. This way you can reduce CVS.
Do Gaming Glasses Work?
The companies which design gaming glasses keep one thing in mind ‘to make them beneficial as much as possible.’ So yes they do work. You would see many reviews which also tell the real stories. However, they reduce the impact of blue light and reduce strain. So when you are planning a long PUBG session with friends, make sure to wear a pair of glasses.
Why do most of the gaming glasses look yellow?
The yellow tint is used in many gaming glasses which is actually a lighter hue that helps experience colors in true form with right contrast and clarity.
Can I wear gaming glasses all the time?
Many people have different prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses which they need to use generally. So if you are neither of the two, there is no harm in wearing them most of the time as they can protect your eyes from UV light etc.
- ☀ OVERAL BLUE BLOCK RATE: 45% - ANYLUV Blue Light Shield protects your eyes by filtering out 90% of the most harmful High Energy Blue Light rays while letting through...
- ☀ LOW COLOR DISTORTION LENS - Unlike other glasses on the market with heavily tinted lens. ANYLUV's low color distortion lens is optimised to provides the perfect...
- ☀ IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY - Extended exposure to blue light rays may cause fatigue and stress. Filtering out the High Energy Blue Light allows you to focus...
- Function: Engineered to eliminate eye strain by blocking blue light, our gamer glasses offer enhanced contrast and reduced screen glare while playing video games or using...
- Comfort: Our night driving glasses for men and women are designed to comfortably fit faces and heads of all shapes and sizes. You can even wear them over your reading...
- Convenient: Equipped with a protective carrying case, our glasses for computer eye strain can easily be thrown into any bag, so you can take them to and from work and use...
- 👓【Premium Material & Uniquely Designed】– Our Lightweight gaming glasses made of UV-treated polycarbonate frame and Newest technology yellow tinted lenses,...
- 👓【Best Gaming Glasses for Men Women】– The frames are lightweight stylish and versatile. Our game glasses are specifically designed to be comfortable when worn in...
- 👓【Upgraded 8-Layer Protection】– OKANY game Glasses features a blue light filter embedded into the lens as well as the orange-tinted lens coating. 100% UVA/UVB...
- 🌟 PROTECT YOUR EYES 🌟 You will spend more than 1500 hours in front of a screen this year (work, video games, computers, smartphone). Offer your eyes long lasting...
- ✔ SNUG FIT ✔ Lightweight polycarbonate frame (27g). Ultra-light material for extreme comfort during your gaming sessions even with a gaming headset.
- 💚 PREMIUM PACKAGE 💚 1 pair of Gaming glasses (Man and Woman), anti-UV, with treatment for no reflection and no scratches + 1 ultra-light case + 1 microfibre quality...
- [Protection for Your Eyes] -Alleviates visual fatigue and discomfort from long periods of web surfing, gaming and working under fluorescent lights with UV400 protection...
- [Reduce Eyestrain] -Enjoy your digital time, NO worry about eye fatigue, blurred vision and headache.
- [Better Sleep] -Amber lenses block more blue rays than others and see more realistic.You'll never have trouble with sleeping again.
- PROTECT YOUR EYES AND YOUR CHILDREN’S EYES : Your family spends more than 1500 hours in front of a screen every year (work, video games, computers, smartphone). Give...
- ONE PAIR OF GLASSES TO RULE THEM ALL : the new Horus X blue light glasses for kids will perfectly fit the shape of your kids & teenagers faces, as well as yours if you...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT : Super light Gaming glasses (orange blue light glasses 20g) with a lightweight frame made of polycarbonate and a comfortable nosepad. Smooth and...
- BLUE LIGHT GLASSES - Anti Bluelight Glasses Lenses: Racico blue light blocking lenses with UV400 protection, can anti 98% harmful blue ray from electronic equipment...
- BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING GLASSES - Comfortable Wear: When you use cell phones and computers to play games or work, our glasses can help you block out the harmful blue light;...
- BLUE LIGHT GLASSES MEN - Fashion Design: High-quality frames, classic semi rimless design with anti blue light glasses lens fit various face
- ✅ TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYES’ HEALTH. The human eye hasn’t evolved to stare at a screen for many hours a day. This is why the blue light from screens leads to many...
- ✅ WORK FROM HOME IN PERFECT COMFORT. You probably spend many hours per day looking at a screen for work or entertainment. It doesn't matter if you are working on...
- ✅ ANTI-FATIGUE + ANTI HEADACHE + BECOME MORE PRODUCTIVE. Do you ever, after spending a few hours in front of the screen, get tired eyes, maybe they feel a bit dry, or a...
Last update on 2021-02-07. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.