In this post we have covered Nvidia RTX 4080 and RTX 4090 GPUs specs, much talked about features and brief review to give legacy gamers and pro artists an idea of what they are buying into.
Nvidia has just released GeForce RTX 40-series graphics cards. Now they have added buying options as well for the UK and the US buyers there are plenty of online retailers to buy from. Now returning back to Nvidia RTX 40. Nvidia announced three new graphics cards at GTC 2022. These include the RTX 4080 (with 12GB and 16GB variants), as well as the RTX 4090.
GeForce RTX 40 offers a 4nm NXT Ada Lovelace architecture and Nvidia’s new DLSS 3.0 technology, which provides a 2-4x performance increase over top-end models including RTX 4080 Ti and RTX 4090 Ti.
Nvidia’s next-gen graphics cards are the most powerful to date, with the new Nvidia Skala architecture. Here are all the details you need on pricing, releases and buying options, as well as everything you need to know about Core-Pascal and the new graphics cards.
Nvidia recently confirmed that the top-end RTX 4090 will be available on October 12, 2022. There’s still no official word as to when we can expect to see either variant of the RTX 4080. It’s rumored that they’ll release during sometime during the first two weeks of November, but we’ll keep you updated.
The RTX 4080 has more expensive technology than the RTX 3080 and so is the performance and benchmarks differences. Meanwhile, it seems like RTX 4090 has a relatively modest $100 price increase over the RTX 4080 which also makes a lot of difference to many users.
GeForce RTX 4090
GeForce RTX 4080 (16GB)
GeForce RTX 4080 (12GB)
|NVIDIA CUDA Cores|| |
|Boost Clock (GHz)|| |
|Memory Size|| |
|Memory Type|| |
Nvidia Collaboration for 40 Series Line of Graphics Cards
Nvidia has teamed up with leading brands in GPUs and PCs to bring the GEFORCE RTX range of card to gamers worldwide. The new RTX 40 series is their biggest achievement to-date. You can buy Nvidia RTX 40 Series graphics cards from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, PNY and Zotac now. You can expect them to be available in pre-built PCs from the likes of Acer, Alienware, Asus, Dell and HP too – though third-party manufacturers may decide to go for a different price than the RRP.
Nvidia Limited Edition RTX 40 Graphics Cards
Nvidia has stated that they will also be manufacturing a limited-edition version of the RTX 4080 and RTX 4090 (16GB model). Still, it is unfortunate that third-party Nvidia makers will not release the respective RTX 40 models. If you are purchasing online, it’s best to pay close attention to the price of 40 series graphics cards before buying. We will also include the buying options and retailers.
Nvidia Ada Lovelace architecture
The next-gen Nvidia RTX 40 Series is based on Nvidia’s latest and greatest architecture Ada Lovelace – named after world’s first computer programmer.
The company announced that it is working with TSMC to implement a new 4nm process on the new graphics card series, down from the previously rumoured 5nm process. This means increased performance and reduced power usage while using RTX 40 Series.
The Top of The Line Features of RTX 40 Graphics Cards
- They come with 76 billion transistors
- 90 shaders ray-triangle intersection for optimum performance
- They are capable of 1,400 tensor operations/sec for improved capability of deep learning
- 200 RT TFLOPS with out-of-order execution.
- New Shader Execution Reordering which Nvidia claims is as groundbreaking
- The new architecture of Volta can provide a significant boost to ray-traced graphics, depending on the application being used by the system.
- In 3D rendering apps like Blender, performance increases by about 2x at least.
- Effects in games performing RTX may see up to a 25% boost with Volta.
- The best indicator of DLSS 3.0’s performance can be noticed in the animation fluidity, which compares to a game being run natively at 4K resolution. This is because DLSS 3.0 uses Nvidia’s latest generation of deep learning super sampling tech that utilises deep learning capabilities from the Nvidia’s new 40 series gaming GPU collection.
While demonstrating the new specs of RTX 40 GPUs, Nvidia showed off a new RTX Max mode during the event, which was a tremendous improvement to the frame rate. During their demonstration, they showcased an average of 100fps+, using DLSS 3.0 tech. This new mode is also helpful for physics-driven games that have traditionally been bottlenecked by CPUs.
Nvidia claims that the gamers will see a two-fold increase in frame rates for rasterised games and up to 4 times faster performance for titles that use ray-tracing technology. While just making a few tweaks in real time lets game developers build their gaming arch more quickly and make more iterations until they reach the desired effect.
Introduction new Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 and RTX 4090
Nvidia announced three new graphics cards at GTC 2022. These include the RTX 4080 (with 12GB and 16GB variants), as well as the RTX 4090.
#1 GeForce RTX 4080
Nvidia RTX 4080 GPUs come with two distinct memory benchmarks 16GBs and 12GBs which is some what a competition of their own.
If you think about it, the new RTX 4080 is similar to the last-gen RTX 3080 Ti LHR model. However, the RTX 4080’s is a more powerful graphics card (around 2-4x) in terms of graphics performance as compared to its 3080 ti.
The latest 3080 16GB model clocks in at 23Gbps, with a boost clock of 2505MHz. The device is said to have a 340W TGP, but that this could be increased for better performance and we love tweaking and working on enhancing these GPU’s performance in general.
The 12GB model boasts the clock speed of 21,000GHz and an underclocked TGP of 285W, which can be boosted to 366W which is amazing just to think of.
#2 Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090
The GeForce RTX 4090 is an extremely high-end graphics card at this time one of a kind. It claims to command the 24GB of GDDR6X memory, and is 2x-4x times much faster than its forerunners like RTX 3090 Ti and it’s where it enjoy the edge. It gives out 4 times higher processing of the workflow.
GeForce RTX 4090 Specs
- GeForce RTX 4090 commands the amazing features of 126 Streaming Multiprocessors
- RTX 4090 has 16-128 CUDA cores
- Memory – GDDR6X memory of 24GB which clocks in at 21 Gbps which purely magical to just think of
- It also has a 384-bit memory bus and upwards of 1TB/s bandwidth
- RTX 4090 has the same TDP of 450W like the 30-Series but it can be boosted to 660w.