Ultrasound – A New and Innovative Way to Skin Tightening
When you hear of ultrasound you would always think probably of pregnant women and other medical procedures needing the benefits of such technology. You can’t deny the idea that that’s what people perceive of its use. But then it may have some other uses in beauty care and treatment that you may never hear about in the past.
What is Ultrasound?
The ultra sound makes use of sound pressure that oscillates with frequency. This frequency is greater than the upper limit of the range of a normal hearing of a person. To put it simply, one cannot hear it.
Ultrasound aside from medical uses, are also being used in some fields. It can be a way to detect objects such as missing planes in oceans, materials embedded in the earth and others. It can also be useful for product and structure testing to detect minor flaws that may be invisible to the naked eye.
But all in all, ultra sound is most famous in medical imaging such I mentioned above with pregnant women. But as of these modern times, it has become a way to help in skin therapy and other beauty procedures.
How Ultrasound Helps in Skin Tightening and Therapies
Ultrasound unlike all other skin treatments is non-invasive yet effective way to tighten skin. It makes use of the wave that would penetrate the skin as well as tissues in your face and body. The heat that is produced during the treatment will increase blood flow which later on will rejuvenate skin as it increases cell production as well as collagen production.
The light waves improve the upper or superficial layer of the skin which will lead later to an improvement in skin color and complexion.
What are the Skin Condition it can Address
The ultrasound after its treatment for the skin will remodel or tighten the skin which in turn will improve looks as well as project youthful glow. It can help address the following skin conditions:
- Fine lines
- Large pores
- Acne Scars
- Skin discoloration
In some other case, ultrasound treatment is being used in body contouring as well as in removing cellulites. The overall effect of it may be summarized as firming, lifting and tightening.
Who are the Candidates for an Ultrasound Skin Tightening Treatment
You can be a candidate for the treatment if you are qualified or having the following characteristics:
- You are between 35 and 65 and are experiencing skin drooping in any part of your body especially in face and body.
- You do not want to undergo an invasive cosmetic procedure.
- You want a firmer, tightened and younger skin.
- You want convenience. You want less prominent wrinkles and have a younger face.
It may not be suitable for you if:
- You are with active infections.
- You have open wounds or acne.
- You are under medication with medicines that impairs healing.
- You are pregnant
- You have a pacemaker for your heart or any other medical devices.
The treatment usually may only require one treatment to produce results. But for some who might be a bit older than 60, a touch up treatment may do the job and produce the necessary results. Drugs will be given instead of anesthetics for you to be comfortable and relaxed.
Risks and Complications that the Treatment may Incur
- Redness may be visible after the treatment. After a few hours or days it will just vanish. Your natural skin color will be back after.
- Skin Tenderness is also considered a complication. But then do not worry; this will disappear after a month or so. This is fairly common among its patients.
- Scratch-like marks may also appear but this can be treated as well. Ask your doctor about it.
- Skin bleeding is also a complication that may arise. Just give it some times and it will just disappear.
To avoid the above mentioned complications, you should look for the best doctor to do the procedure. That and the clinic that has the latest machine that will do the treatment. The treatment may range from $950 (AUD) to $3,300 (AUD).
In every cosmetic procedure, I always say this in my blogs and even advise it to friends, that you shouldn’t go to war unarmed. Knowledge of the procedure will be your best weapon there is. Be informed and do more research.