How to Find the Better in VPN vs Cloud Computing?
What is VPN service?
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service for accessing the blocked content over the internet. Through secret virtual network, the VPN service enables the user to hide away from the restrictions and bans of the ISPs and government. Besides this, VPN services are very useful for forming private networks for the small scale businesses and for use in the institutions. VPNs come up with cheap expenditures and simple functionality.
What is Cloud computing?
A modern and advanced service which holds up for encryption free online data handling is the Cloud computing. Cloud services make it very simple and easy to store, manipulate and modify the data, all online. Cloud storage has blessed the users as well as the professional companies and institutions to have online records, backups and storage points. The data is providing complete security and privacy as required by the users.
What are the Common differences?
VPN and Cloud services are held at a comparison in the points below:
- VPN services are designed for secure and encryption free data exchange through private networking on a much bigger world wide web. Whereas Cloud services are used for remote data usage from far-fledged areas.
- VPN services are used for private businesses and organizational purpose for forming a simpler connection between the clients and the employees. Cloud services are used to store the database of documents and other incentives used in the business and organizations.
- VPN services are used for increased speed and prevention from bugs, spams and errors. While Cloud services provide online interface for modification of data and a real time back up.
- VPN services provide a hidden gateway from the local server, and thus assure prevention from any checks laid down by the ISPs and the government. Cloud services are used for keeping backup for common users as well as the high-profiled and multi-national institutions.
- VPN services are used by the security agencies and police departments to hide out from the common public, thus forming a secret gateway for the transport of information diagonally. While Cloud services assure the storage point for the official records for certain private and governmental offices.
- VPN services use firewall for securing the data from checks and manage them as required. While the Cloud services don’t use any firewall.
- For setting up a VPN network, the users need some credentials like Username, Password and Key. The network being highly private cannot be accessed by other people on the internet. But Cloud service can be easily accessed by the people holding the account of the service and can access the data.
How it is concluded:
Both VPN and Cloud services are gaining importance in the modern day online usage. In business and private networking, both hold a necessary place. Cloud services mostly provide a storage point and backup for larger systems and common use. While VPN system provides ease of access to all the blocked content and hence a secure gateway for private networking.
The article is written by Seema Johns and she recommends Best Cloud Storage for UK to internet users.