Since the news of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Ti there’s a debate about how good 3090Ti will be against RTX 3090 and AMD Radeon 6900 XT. We already know much about Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 and AMD RX 6900 XT. However, this new Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, specs has given us more hope for the most amazing GPU from Nvidia to be released soon.
The Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti is going to be one of the best Nvidia graphics cards for gaming and mining which is most talked about Nvidia GPU nowadays. The RTX 2090 Ti supports DirectX 12, comes with an 8 nm processor, GA 102 Processor, 10496 Cores, 328 TMUs and PCIe 4.0 x16 Bus Interface.
We have compared RTX 3090ti against RTX 3090 and RX 6900 XT. See below how far RTX 3090 Ti can perform as compared to the former two popular GPUs.
Price of RTX 3090 ti
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 ti is going to be 1699 US Dollars or even more. The price of RTX 3090ti is subject to change and this is not final the price. However, 3090 Ti’s launch price will be around this figure.
RTX 3090 Ti Release Date
RTX 3090 Ti’s confirmed release date is still unknown. However, we are expecting its release soon in the last months 2021. RTX 3090 ti may release around Christmas 2021.
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT specs comparison.
|GPU Model||Processor||Cores||TMUS||ROPS||Memory Size||Memory Type||Bus Width|
|RTX 3090||GA102||10496||328||112||24 GBs||GDDR6X||384 bit|
|RTX 3090 Ti||GA IO2||10752||336||112||24 GBs||GDDR6X||384 bit|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||Navi 21||5120||320||128||16 GBs||GDDR6||256 bit|
Graphics cards processor comparison: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|Model||GPU Name||GPU Variant||Architecture||Foundry||Process Size||Transistors||Die Size|
|RTX 3090||GA102||GA102-300-A1||Ampere||Samsung||8nm||28,300 million||628 mm²|
|RTX 3090 Ti||GA102||GA102-350-A1||Ampere||Samsung||8nm||28,300 million||628 mm²|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||Navi 21||Navi 21 XTX(215-121000167)||RDNA 2.0||TSMC||7nm||26,800 million||520 mm²|
Specific graphics features comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|RTX 3090||12 Ultimate (12_2)||4.6||3.0||1.2||8.6||6.6|
|RTX 3090 Ti||12 Ultimate (12_2)||4.6||3.0||1.2||8.6||6.6|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||12 Ultimate (12_2)||4.6||2.1||1.2||6.5|
Clock speed comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|RTX 3090||1395 MHz||1695 MHz||1219 MHz19.5 Gbps effective|
|RTX 3090 Ti||1395 MHz||1695 MHz||1325 MHz21.2 Gbps effective|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||1825 MHz||2250 MHz||2000 MHz16 Gbps effective|
Memory comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|RTX 3090||24 GB||GDDR6X||384 bit||936.2 GB/s|
|RTX 3090 Ti||24 GB||GDDR6X||384 bit||1,018 GB/s|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||16 GB||GDDR6||256 bit||512.0 GB/s|
TFLOPs Theoretical Performance comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|GPUs||Pixel||Texture||FP16 (half)||FP32 (float)||FP64 (double)|
|RTX 3090||189.8 GPixel/s||556.0 GTexel/s||35.58 TFLOPS (1:1)||35.58 TFLOPS||556.0 GFLOPS (1:64)|
|RTX 3090 Ti||189.8 GPixel/s||569.5 GTexel/s||36.45 TFLOPS (1:1)||36.45 TFLOPS||569.5 GFLOPS (1:64)|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||720.0 GTexel/s||46.08 TFLOPS (2:1)||23.04 TFLOPS||1,440 GFLOPS (1:16)|
Board specs comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|GPU||Slot Width||Length||Width||Height||TDP||Suggested PSU||DisplayPorts/Outputs||Power Connectors||Bus|
|RTX 3090||Triple-slot||336 mm13.2 inches||140 mm5.5 inches||61 mm2.4 inches||350 W||750 W||1x HDMI3x DisplayPort||1x 12-pin||PCIe 4.0 x16|
|RTX 3090 Ti||Triple-slot||336 mm13.2 inches||140 mm5.5 inches||61 mm2.4 inches||450 W||850 W||1x HDMI3x DisplayPort||1x 12-pin||PCIe 4.0 x16|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||Triple-slot||267 mm10.5 inches||120 mm4.7 inches||50 mm2 inches||300 W||700 W||1x HDMI2x DisplayPort1x USB Type-C||2x 8-pin||PCIe 4.0 x16|
Rendering Configuration comparison of Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3090 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
|GPUs||Shading Units||TMUs||ROPs||SM Count||Compute Units||Tensor Cores||RT Cores||L0 Cache||L1 Cache||L2 Cache||L3 Cache|
|RTX 3090||10496||328||112||82||328||82||128 KB (per SM)||6 MB|
|RTX 3090 Ti||10752||336||112||84||336||84||128 KB (per SM)||6 MB|
|Radeon RX 6900 XT||5120||320||128||80||80||32 KB per WGP||128 KB per Array||4 MB||128 MB|
Frequently Asked Questions About Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
Is RTX 3090 Ti better than the RTX 3090 and RX 6900 XT?
No doubt RTX 3090 ti is better than RTX 3080 and RTX 6900 XT. But there is no comparison in performance against RTX 3090 when it comes to gaming. We have not mentioned 3090 ti mining hashrate which will be published soon.
Will RTX 3090 Ti be better than RTX 3080?
From what appears RTX 3090 Ti’s specifications, it’s going to be miles better than RTX 3080 series. However, we are mentioning its performance by taking gaming and mining hashrate performance of RTX 3090 and RTX 3080 against RTX 3090 Ti at 1920×1080.
|GPU Model||Quality||Resolution||% Peak Performance|
|RTX 3090 ti||4K||1920×1080||99%|
|RX 6900 XT||4K||1920×1080||95%|
|Radeon RX 6800 XT||4K||1920×1080||86%|
Which RTX 3090 GPU is the best to buy?
No doubt RTX 3090 is the beast among all Nvidia graphics cards. However, there are variants in its ranks as well as many different brands selling it online. Here is the list of good, better and the best RTX 3090 brands that you can buy.
- MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G = So far the best RTX 3090 GPU for cryptocurrency mining hashrate and gaming
- ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 = better than tons of others for cryptocurrency mining and gaming
- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING = better in performance gaming and mining hashrate
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 Trinity = Very good performance for mining and gaming
- EVGA FTW3 GeForce RTX 3090 Ultra = Good against MSI, ASUS TUF and Gigabyte models still not as good as they are. Far better than ASUS ROG Strix models.
- Chipset: GeForce RTX 3050
- Video Memory: 8GB GDDR6
- Memory Interface: 128-bit
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture, 2nd Gen Ray Tracing Cores, 3rd Gen Tensor Cores
- 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, 15 Gbps, PCIE 4.0; Boost Clock 1807 MHz
- IceStorm 2.0 Cooling, Active Fan Control, Freeze Fan Stop, Metal Backplate
- New turing architecture
- Classic and modern games at 1080p at 60 fps. Supported os windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Super compACt 8.5-inch card, fits 99% of systems
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray-tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. These cores deliver a massive boost in game...
- Chipset: AMD RX 6600
- Memory: 8GB GDDR6 AMD RDNA 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming
- Boost Clock: Up To 2491MHz
- Package Weight : 2.0Kg
- Stream Processor: 2560
- Game Clock: 2424Mhz / Boost Clock: 2581Mhz
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors
- 2nd Generation RT Cores
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores
- Real Boost Clock: 1882 MHz; Memory Detail: 12288 MB GDDR6.
- Real-Time ray tracing in games for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
- Dual Fans Cooling offer higher performance cooling and much quieter acoustic noise.
- Chipset: AMD RX 6700 XT
- Memory: 12GB GDDR6 AMD RDNA 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming
- Boost Clock: Up To 2622MHz
- Chipset: AMD RX 6500 XT
- Memory: 4GB GDDR6 AMD RDNA 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming
- Boost Clock: Up To 2825MHz
Last update on 2021-02-07. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.