How To Choose Powerful Power Banks For iPad iPhone MacBook & Other Laptops
There are so many different power banks for iPads, Phones, MacBooks and other laptops out there. How do you choose the right one? We have discussed many such powerful power banks in detail to help you get what you need to know so you can choose the right power bank for your device. First things first the power banks are measured in milliamps or mAh. Most phone and laptop batteries, as well as small devices like cameras, are between 1,000 and 2,000 milliamps. So keep that in mind as you’re shopping for a battery bank.
How to choose the right iPad, phone or laptop power bank?
- Larger phones have a battery capacity of about 3,000 milliamps.
- Larger devices like tablets and laptops have much larger batteries, so check your device and see what size battery it has before purchasing a battery bank.
- The larger the power bank is, the more times you can charge your phone or device.
- There is some charge loss with the transfer of power, but if you use 1,500 milliamps as a guideline, you’ll know about how many charges you can expect from a power bank.
- One rates at 4,000 milliamps will give you one to two charges, while the other ones rated at 12,000 milliamps will give you up to seven, and so on.
- If you’ve got a large phone or are planning on charging a tablet or laptop, then be sure to check your device’s battery so you know which size power bank to get.
- After you’ve the capacity you need nailed down, then you should consider features like USB port output rating, number of ports, or technology built into the device.
Somehow power banks have built in technology that will speed up charging or prevent overcharging, which are great features to have. Based on what you plan to charge, take the output rating of the power bank into consideration.
For example, it will take about three hours to fully charge an iPhone 7 at 1 amp output. But it only takes two hours at 2.1 amps output. If you plan to recharge your tablet, you’ll want one that’s a higher output rating of at least 2 amps.
But we’d recommend 2.4 amps or higher. This is especially important if you want to charge two devices at once.
After that, it all just comes down to your personal preference and style.
Features of power banks
There are all sorts of features on the power banks, like built in charging cables, integrated AC wall plugs, dual device charging capability, rugged or waterproof casings– and the list goes on– not to mention the look and feel of the power bank. I like
PocketJuice power banks made by Tzumi. They feature quick chip technology, which automatically detects what sort of device you’re plugging into the battery bank and will output the proper amount of power to the device. Quick chip also speeds up charging and prevents overcharging to save your precious phone battery, which is very important. To make it easy, we got a bunch of different power banks and tested them to find the right ones for everyone.
After testing, these are our top power banks picks for laptops, iPads, MacBook and Phones
PocketJuice Power Banks
We like Tzumi’s PocketJuice power banks because these are small and portable but still capable of charging your phone twice on a single charge. They have got nice rubberized cases and simple designs. This Tzumi brand is perfect to throw in your backpack or purse to keep around in case of emergency.
Another highly superior brand is PocketJuice Endurance AC power banks. The 4,000 milliamp size should be our go to thing. It’s nice and slim and light. What we love is that it’s small enough to carry in your pocket but still has enough juice to charge a phone twice, or even a tablet. The most favorite thing about this power bank is that everything is built right into it. It’s got a built in AC wall plug. Just flip it out and plug it right into the wall. No need to carry a charging cable. There’s also a micro USB port built right into the power bank.
So if you’ve got a device that uses this to charge, you’re set. For multiple devices, or if you want to charge a tablet, I’d go with something more like the 12,000 milliamp Endurance AC. You can charge your phone seven times with it, or your tablet three times, on a single charge. So this is great for longer trips where you have to be away from a power source for a while. You can charge two devices at once through dual 3.4 amp USB ports. So you can charge your iPad and your phone simultaneously, which is awesome. Like the 4,000 milliamp version, this features an integrated flip-down AC wall plug for easy charging.
If you’re not feeling the flip-down AC wall plug, there are plenty of PocketJuice options without this feature, both in a slim profile or rugged versions if you’re the outdoorsy type. All PocketJuice power banks come with a little USB to micro USB pigtail cable to charge the battery bank. Or if you’ve got an Android or micro USB enabled device, you can plug this right into your phone and charge away. The short length is great too because it can’t get tangled up. I hope this helps in your decision when it comes to choosing a power bank.
This is Omnicharge the world’s first smart power bank designed by best in field power management experts that can charge any device. Omnicharge is fully equipped with ac dc charging capabilities as well as two rapid charging usb ports and is the only power bank on the market with universal charging; smart powerful compact is the only power bank you will ever need. Omnicharge is designed for the modern professionals mobile lifestyle. With this power bank any space can become a workspace and being tied to the wall socket is a thing of the past. You’ll be able to get work done wherever you need without running out of battery.
- Omnicharge can power even the most demanding laptops and is small enough to fit inside your everyday bag.
- The power bank’s compact size means that you can carry with you everywhere and never worry about running out of power while you’re on the go.
- You don’t have to carry an extra charger; the battery’s universal charging port means that it can be charged with any cable already around you.
- Omnicharge can power an incredibly wide range of devices and its smart power management system means that it can recognize which device it’s charging and adjust the optimal output.
- The world’s first battery with a brain all data is displayed in real time from battery temperature to remaining charging time.
- With omnicharge your device will be charged in the shortest possible time. Allowing you to focus on what’s important.
- This smart power bank can even be charged with a solar panel and its unique flow through capability allows you to charge other devices while the battery itself is being charged; totally freeing you from the wall socket.
The omnicharge allows you to lead a truly mobile life and never miss an opportunity to create a warm atmosphere for family and friends. With omnicharge you can power the things that truly matter so introducing a revolution in mobile charging.
SuperTank And Other Power Banks By Zendure
A new generation of Supertank the advanced high-power portable range of chargers for all type of devices from Zendure. The Supertank the ultimate power station for all your work and entertainment devices. With the high-powered 100 watt USB-C port super tank pro reimagines your charging experience.
Power banks from Zendure
Super tank pro can charge a 16 inch macbook pro and a second laptop at the same time. In fact you can charge up to four devices at once. Supertank pro delivers up to 138 watts of combined power so no devices left behind. Supertank pro is your premium outdoor companion with 26 800 milliamp of battery capacity. You can charge your phone up to seven times worry free with pass-through charging. You can use solar panels to charge supertank pro while using supertank pro to charge your devices. Day or night supertank pro continuously charges your creativity. The firmware can be updated for compatibility with next-gen devices.
Supertank pro is made of an aluminum alloy which protects the components inside to maximize charging performance. Advanced samsung battery technology ensures peak efficiency in the multi-layered PCB design minimizes the size of supertank pro with no wasted space.
- This amazing power bank uses dual NTC thermistors to monitor the operating temperature as part of a nine layer protection system.
- It’is the first portable battery that features an advanced ti battery fuel gauge allowing for adaptive charging and power cell balance as a result the oled screen can accurately display charging input and output status
- Supertank pro features four usb-c ports, two are capable of delivering up to 100 watts of power while the other two can deliver up to 18 watts.
- The internal logic is designed to distribute power as needed to a variety of devices from low power wearables like earbuds and smart watches to larger products like a robotic arm
- High speed input means you can charge super tank pro in just one hour and 45 minutes using a high power portable charger like super port s4
- Super port s4 uses the latest gan technology so it’s the perfect compact companion to supertank pro you can even recharge your super tank pro in a tesla for maximum on-the-go.
- Charging convenience work anywhere with super tank pro the worry free pocket size power station get charged get going supertank pro from Zendure.
Baseus Battery Pack Charger
The Baseus USB-C battery pack is the perfect blend of power and efficiency in a compact form that is always ready to revive your almost dying laptop. It’s packed with a massive 30 000 milliampere hour of juice and a 15 watt USB-C port. It can surely power up your laptop wherever you are effortlessly.
- It also features two USB ports to charge your other mobile devices and supports pass-through charging to provide non-stop power delivery on a busy day.
- This battery packs built-in smart identifying chip can recognize your devices intelligently and provides best matched current to charge perfectly when they are inserted.
- Forget the days of hassling for a wall socket to charge your laptop while on the move
- With the USB-C fast battery pack charger from baseus experience powerful laptop charging
RAVPower Portable Charger
The RAVPower PD pioneers an elegant power solution for your remote workstation with a colossal twenty thousand milliampere hour capacity. It can easily power up even your MacBook 2022 multiple times without a hiccup equipped with one PD 60 watt port and one qc 18 watt port. This charger can juice up your laptop and phone at high speed simultaneously packed with advanced charging guards.
- This power bank is forced to protect against damage caused by over current and overheating issues.
- It has a max input of 30 watt which allows you to charge this power bank within a short time while its four blue indicator lights keep you updated on charging status.
- The RAVPower portable charger ensures quick charging for your laptop during remote working situations
So why not carry a power bank that can charge your laptop anywhere?
HALO Bolt 58830 mWh
Halo bolt is a power bank that is so powerful that can also jump start your dead car battery. It’s packed with a 58 830 megawatt hour of power and a 120 volt ac outlet. This most powerful power bank charger can charge 13.3 inch MacBook Pro and other laptops several times.
Features and specs
- This power bank includes enough power and jumper cables to jump start your car boat motorcycle or lawn mower which makes it perfect for drivers who don’t want to wait on the side of the road for a tow truck.
- Apart from charging capabilities it also includes LED flood light which can provide essential brightness in times of an emergency
- The halo bolt 58 830 megawatt hour is a compact and stylish power bank that is designed to go with you everywhere and make sure you’re never with a dead laptop experience.
Last update on 2021-02-07. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.