Best Budget Webcams For Twitch Streaming – Stream Video Games Like A Pro
To find a camera for the sole purpose of streaming on Twitch and YouTube, there are very few things that you need to take into account for purchasing a webcam. Those few things are just three main specs of a quality webcam. Check out what really to look for while buying a webcam for live streaming on Twitch and YouTube.
For streaming a video game we need a better resolution than 720 but not the 4K because you cannot broadcast games in 4K on Twitch. If you compare 720p footage with 1080p you would realize a good difference between the two qualities. So 1080p is an ideal definition for broadcasting your streams.
It’s an entirely sell out buzzword and popular camera companies have realized that. On the other hand, if your camera shoots below 1080p that also means they cut off many other things as well, no matter how cheaper they have become. Still, for streaming sake in good quality you need a good camera. Not because it’s a 1080p webcam but because it’s a cheap camera which lacks many other specs.
If you are about to stream for the first time, streaming at 60FPS is highly recommended. It does not matter if you are streaming on 30FPS. For example our favorite TV shows are recorded on30FPS and they do just fine but video games are shot in 60FPS because the fast movements are recorded with details only on 60FPS.
It’s why we see more detailing in games as compared to movies. In short 60FPS is for detailing and covering everything quickly regardless of how fast the movement is. So if you want to stream on twitch like a Pro (Ninja, Shroud or Scoped) you need to to adapt to 60FPS.
Field Of View
The FOV or field of view of a camera is ‘how much area a camera can capture or image.’ There are two main things very important for that; focal length and sensor size. If the focal length and lens are the same, then the size of lens can capture a large field of view depending on the size of your lens.
The larger the FOV the more the camera would capture and wider the camera angle the deeper your set up room would look. The webcam standard is 78° but there are some high-end webcams that can go to 90°. So a webcam with a wider FOV like 90° is much better than the usual one.
So keep in mind these three basic things while buying a webcam for live streaming games.
AVerMedia recently released Live streamer cam is simple to install and use webcam for streaming media. You can plug it with USB 3.0 and get HD 4k footage with a wide-angle lens. You are given a chance to stream in different qualities from 4K UltraHD to 1080p at 60fps and below. Some of its specs and features are highlighted below:
- Streams in 4K, 1080p at 30fps-60fps
- Plug and play USB 3.0
- Wide Angle
- FOV – 94°
- Automatic detector for speakers
- Full 360° swivel
- Compatible with all streaming apps including Zoom, Discord, OBS and RECentral
# Logitech BRIO
This is another great webcam on our list which was used by Pro streamers and recommended by many more due to its mirrorless video definition and smoothness. Some of its awesome features and specs are mentioned below:
- Phenomenal video quality great
- Ultra HD out in 1080p much better than all other competitors
- Glass lens, 4K image sensor
- True to life colors
- Auto adjustable exposure and contrast to compensate for glare
- USB 2.0, 3.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- Fastest facial recognition
- Compatible with Windows 10, xsplit, OBS and Mac etc.
- 5X Zoom
- Certified for conference calls and Zoom, Blue Jeans, WebEx and others.
If you are looking for a streaming webcam better than your iPhone and as good as a DSLR camera, Victure is close to that. There are so many good features it comes with. If you are not using OBS or a greenscreen this cam is really worth your shot. Check out some of its specs mentioned below:
- 1080p 30fps
- Dual stereo microphones
- Ideal for desktops and laptops
- Good for conference calls
- Sharp imaging with clear widescreen
- Auto low light correction
- Unaffected performance in low light conditions
- Auto noise cancellation
- Plug and play- No drivers required
- Compatible software like Zoom, skype, Hangouts and Facetime etc.
- Compatible with popular operating systems
# Logitech C922
Logitech is the most popular and trusted brand for most computer related accessories. They keep releasing webcam models as well since they have become most reliable in this field as well. Check out Logitech C922’s features and specs:
- It’s a pro webcam for streaming at 1080p
- Frames: 30-60
- Comes with a tripod
- Bright true to life colors
- Glass lens
- Deep detailing
- FOV 78 Degrees which can be used for two people
- 720p streaming at 60fps
- Built-in Stereophonics with two microphones
- Realistic sound capture and delivery
- Autofocus and light correction
# Razer Kiyo
Razer is also a highly reliable manufacturer in the US for computer related products. Razer Kiyo has recently got recognition as it got reviewed on YouTube by popular tech dudes. It is also being used by popular streamers on Twitch. Some of its specs are mentioned below:
- Records in 720p 60fps and 1080p 30fps
- Comes with a built-in lighting system
- Compatible with streamlabs such as OBS and Xsplit
- Adjustable brightness
- Rotating bezel to tweak settings
- Built-in Microphone
- Performs phenomenal in low light condition
- Perfect for streamers and content creators
Frequently Asked Questions about webcams for streaming video games
How To Optimize Ordinary Webcam For Streaming Video Games In 1080p?
You can do a couple of things to optimize the performance of just any webcam no matter how cheap. First of all do the lighting part correctly in your setup room. If you could choose the right set of lights, we are pretty sure you are going to get the best results out of an ordinary camera. The second thing is editing or settings. For your content editing use a good software but if you are just streaming don’t forget to tweak settings on all these cameras. You can literally change settings to fit your needs.
What Streaming Cameras Do Pro Twitch Streamers Like Ninja Use?
The more popular a video game streamer is, the ridiculously expensive his gear is. Check out out these cameras which popular twitch streamers use for streaming video games:
- Ninja = BlackMagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K ($6,000)
- Tifue = Logitech BRIO Ultra HD Pro
- Summit = Logitech C922
- Shroud = Sony Alpha A6000
- Pokimane = Sony Alpha A6000
- Harris Heller = Canon EOSR
How Can I Use A Camera Like Ninja Does?
You can get most of your camera by doing the right lighting in your room, optimize settings and choosing right wall colors.
Is Logitech StreamCam Really Any Good For Streaming on Twitch?
The Logitech is a popular brand and they are also popular for their webcams like other gaming accessories. It comes affordable and very useful with tweakable settings. You don’t have to spend ridiculously unless you are a popular streamer and mostly get sponsors.
Is Logitech Brio Easy To Install?
Logitech Brio is simply plug and play sort of webcam. You don’t need a lot of efforts to put in. And it’s totally worth it because it’s very affordable as compared to DSLR cameras that people use for game streams.
What Do I Need to Start Streaming Games?
There are few basic things you need to start streaming right now:
- Video/Audio content – Videos primary for live streaming while you can still use just audio for podcasts
- A transforming device to encode the media
- A platform where you can show your stream to the viewers
How Much Money Do I Need To Start Streaming?
Technically you can start streaming just within $100. Just buy basic cheap equipment or even use your phone to do so.
How Can I Make Money with Streaming Video Games?
There are different ways to get paid or earn money while streaming video games. Since streaming on various platforms is free you can still make a great deal of money like most of the streamers make:
- Add a donation button to your channel
- Collect “Bits”
- Win subscribers and offer merchandising
- Earn from Ads
Check Out Today’s Best Selling Webcams For Live Streaming On Twitch & YouTube
- ❂PROFESSIONAL WEBCAM FOR STREAMING -- Built-in ring light adjustable in 3 brightness with touch control, specifically designed and optimized for professional live...
- ❂FULL HD 1080P USB WEBCAM -- 100° wide angle lens captures high definition image and video at full 1080p. Perfect for streaming on social media live such as Twitch,...
- ❂H.264 ENCODING COMPRESSION -- Advanced H.264 encoding compresses a digital video file so that it only occupies half the space of MPEG to deliver the same quality...
- Best Live Streaming Solution: High-definition 1080p 2-megapixel webcam with 1/2.9” CMOS image sensor and built-in stereo microphones. Suitable for online teaching,...
- Premium Video & Audio: Excellent video quality with 1080p streaming and recording at 30fps. Good performance even in dimly lit rooms. Fixed focus keeps things in focus up...
- Broad Compatibility: Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, and above, Mac OS 10.6 and above. Supports Chrome OS, Smart TV, and Android 5.0 or later. Supports OBS, Zoom,...
- 📷【Stepless Dimmable with 3 Modes, Touch Control】This pc webcam with ring light and tripod for laptop has 3 modes, short touch to change warm, natural and cold...
- 📷【1080P FHD Pro Webcam for Streaming Twitch】The gaming webcam 1080p for pc that uses upgraded video processing technology provides a fabulous and smooth quality...
- 📷【Plug and Play, AutoFocus】The USB webcamera with microphone for desktop computer needs no drivers, plug and play. This streamcam for pc monitor is autofocus to...
- 📞【Plug and Play】Plug in the 1080p webcam with microphone to a Mac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Chromebook, laptop, desktop, computer or PC, then the web camera is...
- 📞【3 Color Modes - Stepless Dimmable】The streaming webcam with light has 3 color Modes, warm and natural, and cold. And it is stepless dimmable, you can adjust the...
- 📞【Streaming Webcam for Gaming】This webcam with microphone for desktop which uses upgraded video processing technology delivers smooth videos in long time use. And...
- Wide View Angle Lens: The webcam with 100 degree wide angle lens,it cover more people on group video calls. Great choice for webinars, family video conference. There is...
- Full HD 1080P Webcam for Xbox One: Plug and play with XBOX one. Live streaming games with Xbox on Mixer, broadcasting your games to social website...
- Built in Dual Microphones:With this web camera,the background noise is filtered out so that improve speech quality for crystal and clear audio. The web cam is no need...
- USB2. 0 Webcam high definition sharp image quality even in the night with low light, preserves colors, no delays almost real-time motion.
- Full HD CMOS sensor providing true color video, Plug and play no drivers needed, supports Windows and Mac
- With internal digital microphone omnidirectional, a protective sliding privacy security cover to prevent hackers from snooping or spying，and 4. 8 feet black cord
Last update on 2021-02-07. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.